Established in 1986, Orange Street Food Farm was officially created when John Lubbers & Mike Bloomdahl bought the location from Super Save in 1986. A few years later Rob Koreman came on as part owner. Mike would later leave to persue other goals. The property has been a few different grocery stores over the span of 60 years. It even had gas pumps at one time. At the beginning of 2014 John & Rob retired and sold the store to a couple of hometown guys, Craig Holtet & Ron Ramsbacher. Ron & Craig continue the legacy of being Missoula's quality, locally owned, neighborhood store.
The original store opened in 1951 and faced Orange Street at 140 W. Main St. Shortly after noon on a cold blizzardy day in December 1951, smoke began to creep out of a two-story structure located at the Stevens-West Main St. intersection. At 1:31 p.m., an alarm was turned in. For the next 10 hours the Fire Department fought one of the stubbornest blazes in its history. About dusk the flames flared dangerously and the front wall toppled. After the dust settled a cry went up that three firemen were missing. Bernard J. Albright, Walter E. Cain, and Edward Sayler, young members of the department, had died in the service of the City. A plaque and photographs to their memory will be established on the wall of the new headquarters station.